Hi there! I'm Scott. I recently completed my Computer Science degree from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
I'm a Software Development Engineer by day at Apple, and in my spare time I enjoy tinkering with my homelab - a collection of over 25 machines including vintage and contemporary Apple, Sun SPARC, pc hardware, networking gear, and VoIP tech.
I'm also an amateur radio operator — catch me on the CPARC repeater, I'm KK6SEU. I'm not afraid of a soldering iron, and am constantly working on some electronics project or another, including an 8-bit 6502 homebrew computer.
If you'd like, my résumé and a link to my Github profile is available below.
Twerk-o-Meter for iOS
- January, 2012 - Participated in Startup Weekend SLO 2012. Built a push-driven geo-local deals app called TigerSmash.
- June, 2012 - Participated in the Cal Poly Computer Engineering Society hackathon. Created roadtrip data logging app for Android called Trackr. Won second place.
- January, 2013 - Participated in Startup Weekend SLO 2013. Built a Meteor webapp and iOS app called List that tackles the awkwardness of classified sales. Given an honorable mention for
super sexy design.
- October, 2013 - Participated in the Facebook NorCal Regional Hackathon and created Shout, a geosocial media timeline, with Brandon.
- October, 2013 - Participated in the Cal Poly iOS App Challenge sponsored by Apple. Our three-person team won third place for our educational tool Bright House.
- January, 2014 - Participated in Startup Weekend SLO 2014. Built a better rating system for professors called RatePoly with a six-person team.
- January, 2015 - Participated in Startup Weekend SLO 2015. Built a geosocial event planning app called Ralli with an awesome team!
- My keyboard conversion on the iFixit.org blog.
- I delivered a talk, "To Thine Own Selfie Be True" at Cal Poly's IGNITE 2014 during open house.
I love doing projects. Getting them written up, however, is a challenge. So here are some from the vaults that I'll get around to writing up some day.
- C++ Omegle Chatbot
- Obscene Mad-Lib Twitter bot
- Twitter Ticker thermal printer
- Trackr app for Android (Cal Poly CPES Hack-a-thon submission, second place winner of gratuitiously oversized check)
- My Darling Rosa - a Python SMS (and web) Markov-chain chatbot
- Cams over Cal Poly - a webcam viewer cataloging the dozens of IP cameras on the Cal Poly campus
- Ding Dong! - internet connected doorbell
- Twypewriter - An electric-typewriter-to-tele(type|printer) conversion that's half-done
- CatFacts! - A subscription SMS service that sends little kitty facts right to your phone
- Ratchat - Pronounced "ratchet", a PHP-backed Android chat app that shows you other nearby users
- Raspberry Pi powered garage door opener
- Sun Sunfire V100 LOM password recovery
- Cisnos, a Sonos controller XML app for Cisco IP Phones
- Web browsing with the Apple IIe and Macintosh SE
- Compiling Hello World for the Apple IIe
- TapeFS - a filesystem implemented on a 1970's reel-to-reel tape recorder
- iFixit guide reader for Google Glass
- Hackintosh build in PowerMac G5 case
- Lightweight, themable PHP blogging system, Seems
- Cloning [app name] in [n number] hours!!
- Hater - like Yo but for cyber bullying - for iOS and Android
- PyEcho - a Python library for talking to the Amazon Echo API.
- Home automation madness with burner phones - Homeboy
- Restoring any of my 20+ vintage computers
- Building a 6502 microcomputer
- Amateur radio things (antenna building, digital interfaces)
- APRS tracking GUI